Saturday, March 22, 2008

I'm 20

Yay! I am no longer a teenager which has its ups and downs. Now I can't use being a teen as an excuse but now I can make fun of teens so its a toss up.

Birthdays are always a reminder of what's happened so far in life. And a reminder of how everything I have ever planned has worked differently than I expected. Just two years ago I thought I was going to go to William and Mary, major in English and end up teaching. Then I thought I was going to spend four years in Japan, major in Asian Studies and end up teaching. Then I thought I was going to go to University of Richmond, major in English and end up teaching.

Now I'm going to University of Richmond, majoring in Journalism and could end up writing somewhere random and unusual.

Maybe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're twenty and wondering about how your life has changed.....well I'm 51 and wondering about how my life has gone full circle. I started out in high school and college working to be a singer, an opera singer no less, and then decided that I really like to eat and have stuff and decided that I would go into teaching....and then after working and not making enough money to pay my student loans I decided to be in computers and then got married and decided to keep eating by working in whatever would pay the most and then had kids and decided that I could just be mom and then deciding to get back into teaching and wondering how I ended up not doing it in the first place??? Whatever....you are passionate about journalism and I think you have found what it is you are to do....for now.

Love you and always brag about you,
Mom